Welcome to the Team Odlo UK website.

On this website you will find information on the races we are competing in, the expeditions we are doing and how to get in touch with us.

My name is Maria Leijerstam. I'm an expeditioner and adventure racer and have competed in challenges all over the world.

This is our second year racing as Team Odlo UK and we have a very exciting calendar of races lined up for 2010.

I'd like to thank Odlo UK as well as all of our other sponsors for providing us with kit, clothing and gadgets!

Maria & Zoe 1st placed Female Pair in the Keswick Open5+

Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Maria goes Aerobatics Flying


So not really the most conventionl way to train for Adventure Racing but experiencing g force of +6 and -3 certainly did put my body to the test.

Having a brother-in-law who is an Aerobatics pilot means that I was very lucky to have the opportunity to accompany him on one of his training flights.

We flew upside down, we looped the loop, stalled the plane and did all manor of death defying stunts. I even had the chance to fly the plane myself.
Could this be a new element in Adventure Racing?