I had been staying at a friends house in Pembrokeshire and we were out on our road bikes. After 35 minutes of cycling I was flat on the floor in the middle of the road on a steep decline right on a bend. In the wet conditions I have skidded and come off my bike.
Knocked unconscious and later only making some random noises, I was blissfully unaware of lying on the road for over 20 mins.
My first memory was of the paramedic clipping something onto my thumb in the Ambulance to read my heart rate. In A&E I was asked what hurt and at that stage it was left shoulder that was bothering me. I had only just come round so not too sure of anything. The doctor tugged and pulled at it and soon sent me off for a x-ray. The all clear was given and before I knew it I was ushered out of the hospital and sent on my way.
3 days late I'm lying at home with a terrible headache and a body that feels like it's been beaten to a pulp.
I have a good few weeks of rest planned. Recovery is my top priority to get myself fit for my summer of racing.
